Sunday, April 18, 2010

Look kids - How I made a blog in two easy steps

I am most definitely technology-challenged.

My cell phone most often lies at the bottom of my purse, waiting for me to figure out how to switch the phone from "vibrate" to "ring" without turning it off or erasing all of the messages.

All of my kitchen appliances beep angrily at me, reminding me that I have forgotten, yet again, that I set the oven timer for 15 hours instead of 15 minutes.

And my kids? Well, they certainly enjoy sharing condescending sneers over my incompetence. My 17 year old son relishes being able to swoop into the room as I try to figure out how to load a DVD. He pushes one button and departs in a cloud of self-satisfied dust when the movie begins to play.

So, it was with lots of anxiety that I set out to do this - figure out how to post a blog. And I was delighted to find out that it's easy! Go to blog site, click on "start a blog," and I'm in. Part one finished in a few keystrokes.

Part two - ah, there's the rub. Why? Why make a blog? Why let my words join the gazillions of other words that clog up the airways? Well, ok, I do know that these words don't travel over the airways, but still - why add to the glut?

I like to write things down. I like to think about all of the little stuff that happens in a day, and then try to universalize it. I may start the day dreading the pile of laundry that waits for me, but will often end the day thinking about how to make my laundry a funny story that everyone can share, and to which everyone can relate.

Oh, and I sometimes crack myself up.

So, it's my goal to ponder all of life here, and then try to find a little perspective. Plus a lot of laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment