Sunday, January 30, 2011

The razor's edge....


I got my surgery instructions the other day:


Nothing to eat after midnight the night prior to the procedure - no problem.


No Advil or other anti-inflammatory drugs seven days prior - okey dokey.


Take off all jewelry on the day of the surgery - check.


Wear loose, comfortable clothing and make sure you bring someone who can drive you home - yep, I can do that.


Stop shaving your legs 48 hours before the procedure - wait a minute - WHAT?

Now, this is simply unfair.

Here's my little secret - I shave my legs before bed every night. I can't sleep otherwise. I can't stand that scratchy feeling.

Strange? Bordering on the obsessive? Absolutely. I own it all. I have issues and I'm proud.

Now, I am trying to come up with a scheme whereby I can continue to shave up until the surgery. Something along the lines of "Oops, I forgot," or "What do you mean it looks like I've shaved my legs? I just have naturally smooth and not-at-all-hairy skin."

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,
    I wonder why pre-surgery people can't shave their legs. You'd think shaving would be helpful. (Or do they want the extra traction that stubble provides?)

    (It's me Bridget from the forum.)

    ReplyDelete